अतिमहत्वाच्या गुप्त माहीतीची चोरी थाबविण्यासाठी ट्रुक्रिप्ट इन्क्रिप्शन सॉफ्टवेअरची मदत होते परंतु याचा वापर करण्यासाठी ट्रुक्रिप्ट वापरासंबंधी संपुर्ण माहीती असने आवश्यक आहे अन्यथा याचा वापर करु नये कारण जर आपण पासवर्ड / इनक्रिप्शन की (encryption key) विसरलो तर ट्रुक्रिप्ट ने इनक्रिप्ट केलेल्या डिस्क वरील फाईल्स परत मिळविणे जवळ जवळ अशक्य आहे.
TrueCrypt is Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
· Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
· Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
· Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
· Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
· Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
· Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
· Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password
· Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
· More information about the features of TrueCrypt may be found in the documentation.
TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted volume (data storage device). On-the-fly encryption means that data is automatically encrypted or decrypted right before it is loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password/keyfile(s) or correct encryption keys. Entire file system is encrypted (e.g., file names, folder names, contents of every file, free space, meta data, etc).
Files can be copied to and from a mounted TrueCrypt volume just like they are copied to/from any normal disk (for example, by simple drag-and-drop operations). Files are automatically being decrypted on the fly (in memory/RAM) while they are being read or copied from an encrypted TrueCrypt volume. Similarly, files that are being written or copied to the TrueCrypt volume are automatically being encrypted on the fly (right before they are written to the disk) in RAM. Note that this does not mean that the whole file that is to be encrypted/decrypted must be stored in RAM before it can be encrypted/decrypted. There are no extra memory (RAM) requirements for TrueCrypt.
Note that TrueCrypt never saves any decrypted data to a disk – it only stores them temporarily in RAM (memory). Even when the volume is mounted, data stored in the volume is still encrypted. When you restart Windows or turn off your computer, the volume will be dismounted and files stored in it will be inaccessible (and encrypted). Even when power supply is suddenly interrupted (without proper system shut down), files stored in the volume are inaccessible (and encrypted). To make them accessible again, you have to mount the volume (and provide the correct password and/or keyfile).
Visit - http://www.truecrypt.org/